Friday, November 11, 2011

did andy rooney died

Andy Rooney Dead: Former '60 Minutes' Commentator Dies At 92 Andy Rooney so dreaded the day he had to end his ... until the day he died, Legendary "60 ... way to celebrate Andy Rooney's work than to let Andy do the talking. ... Andy Rooney wanted to keep working as a writer right up until the end. He just about managed to do that.  In case you didn't hear, Andy Rooney died Friday night in a hospital in New York City after complications following minor surgery
andy rooney died
Rooney’s final essay for 60 Minutes was a classic example of his trademark blend of clarity, humility and gracious wit. He concluded his last essay by giving thanks to those who had reached out to him over the years:

This is a moment I have dreaded. I wish I could do this forever. I can’t though. But I’m not retiring. Writers don’t retire and I’ll always be a writer.
A lot of you have sent me wonderful letters and said good things to me when you meet me in the street. I wasn’t always gracious about it. It’s hard to accept being liked. I don’t say this often, but thank you. Although if you do see me in a restaurant, please, just let me eat my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment